HOW THE 75-DAY LOVE OF MUSIC MARATHON WORKS
We are planning to post at least 75 edited videos between Tuesday, September 8 and Saturday, November 21. We will invite people to watch these videos and to make donations to the LOMM in support of the KWS. Visit this site often to ensure that you are up to date with our video performance schedule!
1. RECORD YOUR PERFORMANCE
• Repertoire: Select the music that you would like to perform. We suggest that the duration of your video be a maximum of 20 minutes.
• Introduction: Please tell your (or your ensemble’s) name, the title(s) and composer(s) of the music you will interpret. Feel free to include a short personal story about your experience with the KWS (e.g. you are a KWS concert goer, study with a KWS musician, have played with the KWS, etc.).
Your name and chosen repertoire will be written on a LOMM slide at the beginning of each video. We can also add any relevant information that you wish (e.g. website address) on a video’s end slide.
• Format: Your video file should be in MP4, AVI or MKV format (we cannot accept separate audio and video files).
• Duration: We suggest that videos be a maximum of 20 minutes. (If performing with other musicians, please respect physical distancing guidelines during the recording)
2. REGISTER AND UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO FILE
• Registration: Once you have recorded and are ready to upload your video, please complete this online registration form. This information will help us to schedule your video in the 75-Day Music Marathon program. We intend to have separate playlists for various categories of performers.
• Video uploading: Please upload your video file to the LOMM DropBox by Monday, November 2 at the latest. Please do not post your video on YouTube, unless you are re-using an existing recording. We are unable to extract existing video files from YouTube.
• Video Release Agreement: After uploading your video to our DropBox, please email a signed video release agreement to email@example.com. Once you have sent us a signed agreement, the audio video recording becomes our property, but you may request that we remove the video at any time.
3. TELL FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT THE 75-DAY LOMM ON YOUTUBE
The LOMM Program Coordinator will email you the date that your video will be shown and a link to the LOMM YouTube channel. Feel free to forward this information and link to your friends and family. Invite them to watch you and other LOMM performers, and to support the LOMM and the KWS.
4. THANK YOU GIFT: Once the 75-Day Love of Music Marathon has ended, participants will receive one Words Works Books gift certificate per video.
DO YOU WANT ALL THE VIDEOS OF YOUR STUDENTS SHOWN AT ONCE?
We will be happy to edit several short videos into a maximum of one-hour long video that would be presented as a virtual “Studio Recital”. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this option.
NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT?
If you have more questions, please email us at email@example.com.
All donations to the Love of Music marathon support the KWS!
©Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Volunteer Committee